using two weapons [eventually]

From: stefan.drawert_at_...
Date: Tue, 21 Aug 2001 11:00:05 -0000

this may seem a too simple approach to the problem, but I always rule stuff like two-handed-weapon-use, beheading feats according to the circumstances and the opponenent[s] as well.

if your fighter uses two weapons in an attack, I'd rule that his foe gets a TN-penalty when defending with only one weapon, or the attacker gets an edge. this ruling includes the advantage of 2-weapon-use and will maybe even force the defender to change his tactics.

differences in fighting styles ["daran happan sword techniques vs. old-school stormbull-bashing"] can be nicely done this way, if you don't mind the additional numbers that will arise.

so, no set rules, but improvisation on the spot [same fighter would face a penalty when chasing the fleeing enemy through a mob, because of the fact that the weapon hinder him when running], although some situations will occur so often, that you'll have to rule it once and can stay with it afterwards.

in my game, the choice and changing of abilities is most important for players to succeed over opponents that are as skilled as they are.

for what it's worth... =)
stefan