Re: Using Two Weapons? (again)

From: Jeff <jeff.kyer_at_...>
Date: Tue, 21 Aug 2001 14:28:43 -0000

Sorry, after 2 years of play our group HAS those higher ablity levels and aside from one person, most of the group just don't bother with the weapon ranks except for major edges generated by feats or magic items. Even an iron bastard sword just isn't that cool when you can kick out a ^10 Bear Claws enhancement.

Most of the long-running groups have reported that the edges just become less important as time goes on -- they can do so much more themselves that only special or funky equipment remains 'detailed'

>Furthermore, most of the people I know are not playing characters
with
10W4 skills. Perhaps we are not playing powerful enough characters to

Once you get into the 10w2 area, it becomes much less important. And that happens quite quickly, depending on how the heroes spend their AP.

> overcome the need for the advantages in combat that various pieces
of point, so I will not belabor it any longer. I simply assume we have a difference of opinion.

Probably, but it depends on how long the game's been running. As an aside, I find that I'm noticing an interesting difference in opinions between folks who play the game and folks who read about the game.

Could you please trim messages, rather than resending the entire message you are replying to? It makes for long digests.

Thanks,

Jeff