A question about enchanting weapons

From: Briquelet_at_...
Date: Thu, 23 Aug 2001 23:20:21 -0000

The rules for enchanting weapons are somewhat ambiguous, and I wanted to see what others think about this. A Humakti wishes to smith and enchant a fine iron sword. He acquires the iron on a quest and brings it back to his forge. He then begins striving to create a masterwork weapon, so he must perform a test of his work iron skill vs a difficulty of 1W2+(we'll assume 10W2). Once he has accomplished this, he attempts to enchant the blade with his Truesword Stroke and Great Blow feats. He uses his enchant iron feat against a difficulty of 14W2(14 base difficulty+40 for the iron), and drives the iron to 0 AP. Now what?
  1. Can he give the blade a permanent augmentation and edge by using those spells on it?
  2. Or does the blade now gain the feats of Truesword Stroke and Great Blow?
  3. Could the enchanter perform a ritual prior to the smithing and enchanting to gain a bonus to those skills?

Thanks in advance for the help.

John