Re: Style

From: Ian Cooper <ian_hammond_cooper_at_...>
Date: Fri, 31 Aug 2001 16:22:43 -0000

Oliver wrote:
> We've been rolling these foes separately which does result in more
bookkeeping.<

Are you doing the same as us and just sticking ot the one pattrn 'cos your used to it or do you ever vary the pattern according to dramatic need. I don't recall us doing that (I may be corrected <g>), but it has to be said we still have far more faceless minions in combat than personalised villains, so this may be why we have favored grouping.

>For really big combats I've been using PCs as exemplars for how the
whole battle's going. If they're doing well the whole fights going well.<

We use this technique as well, influenced of course by the needs of the story. It is a good shorthand that most players find 'fair'.

Ian