Re What a great system, What an alluring cow

From: Mark <krisna_dragon_at_...>
Date: Wed, 12 Sep 2001 08:52:57 -0000

Bruce said

>And that it can handle a situation combining - to take a recent
>example - most of the hero band fighting off raiders with sword and
>spear (and tooth and claw, for that matter), while one hero,
>disguised as an alluring cow, tries to lure some of the raiders away

And a very pretty cow it was indeed no Finavan could resist its charms or fail to be equally upset when its stick appears and it turn out not to be a cow at all.

I was lucky enough to attend this session and this was my first HW combat (in my second session playing) and I have immediately fallen in love with the elegance of this system. A combat which under RQ rules would have probably taken 2 to 3 hours to complete was done in 20 - 30 minutes and with greater flow and drama than the old RQ rules would have really allowed. I am totally sold on the system. Now I just need someone to explain to my Humakti the nature of raiding and that bloody handed slaughter to repel the opposition is not always necessary.

Mark