RE: Re: Increasing Wealth

From: bernuetz.oliver_at_...
Date: Thu, 27 Sep 2001 10:35:59 -0400

No offence but I thought this whole wealth business was supposed to make it easier on the narrators and players so they didn't have to worry about how many lunars they were carrying around. If I have to puzzle over what every bit of treasure or cow is worth to the players by doing "only if" sorts of pondering I certainly haven't had my work made any easier. This sort of rough approximation and "well it depends on how you invest/use it" talk doesn't make my job as narrator any easier. So far as narrator I've avoided the whole business of wealth which I probably shouldn't be. What effect does having an iron chain hauberk and sword have on your wealth? Your wealth's a reflection of your goods and status isn't it? I haven't even thought about the character with the hell metal plate and greatsword. Criminy, he must be richer than the clan's chief! There must be an easier way to do this sort of abstracted wealth business. Wealth isn't supposed to be actual cash value. An owned cow should be worth as much as a sold cow. If we have to worry about potential value and sold value this is worse than the old lunars system.

Oliver