Re: Re: Issaries Announcment-Price Tag Too High?

From: Alex Ferguson <abf_at_...>
Date: Thu, 27 Sep 2001 16:49:38 +0100 (BST)

Mark Galeotti:
> Sure - but make the scenario books just scenarios and only (an 98%
> Orlanthi only?) Narrators will buy them.

More like an (Orlanthi or otherwise) "if even". (These are the books originally flagged as being for narratorly consumption in any case.)

> Just have background books and people will legitimately ask 'where are
> the scenarios?' Mix scenarios and background and - you hope - you can
> appeal to as wide a constituency as possible.

I don't know the exact mix in the pipe for these books, but the "vibe" I'm getting suggests to me more on the lines of "Put a little bit of background in between the scenarios so that even those that don't use book scenarios have to buy it anyway". (And I also get the impression the actual background, in terms of tribal and geographic info, clan generation rules etc, has been ready to go for ages...) If it were more a matter of "put a little bit of scenario/story arc stuff in the background so people know what to _do_ with it" I'd be more enthused.

Having said all that, I remain open to beiung so amazed by the uncoming scenarios that I'll have to eat my words entirely (lightly flambéed please, in a french omelette).