Re: Re: HQ questions

From: Alex Ferguson <abf_at_...>
Date: Sat, 29 Sep 2001 00:50:32 +0100 (BST)

To expand on my previous thought (unlovedas it was), perhaps this goes to explain why heroworship is a Good Thing. If you go to the heroplane, to do (let's say) The Quest to The Hill of Gold (can you tell I was playing Pendragon yesterday?), with no more specific emulatory intent than to "be" Yelmalio, you effectively get thrown, more or less at random, into one of the HP paths that corresponds to the (notionally single) GP path. This accounts for some of the variation you experience in the myth -- you're getting a "version" of it that you may have no prior knowledge of. However, if you specifically set out to emulate a given hero, it reduces this scope for variation -- you know which general category of station it is that will (or should!) happen to this hero. (There's certain down-sides to great determinism in the process too, obviously...)