Re: Kudos to Bruce Ferrie/Augmentation

From: markmohrfield_at_...
Date: Tue, 02 Oct 2001 20:40:24 -0000

> It just seemed to add a bit of wildness to the game and result in
> less inclination to augment - which of course makes events that
> bit more stremalined with less contests...
>
> Just wanted to see what people think of augmenting etc...
>
> Should it be so win/lose or should it be more win/lose/draw?

David Cake once suggested that an augment should be done by subtracting the resistence level of the augmentation or edge from the relevant ability and then making a simple ability test(thus halving the number of dice rolls) as well as doing away with the negative modifiers for failure. If I were running a game I'd probably do this, but retain negative modifiers for complete or major defeat.

                                                 Mark Mohrfield