Kudos to Bruce Ferrie/Augmentation

From: MCGINNESS, Stephen <mcginnesss_at_...>
Date: Mon, 1 Oct 2001 10:27:03 +0100

I have just played my first game of Hero Wars.

Bruce Ferrie came to my house and ran a demo for my gaming group and I want to make public the gratitude we have for the excellent game. Everyone had a fantastic time and I think the system will now feature regularly in the Nowt T'Do roleplay group.

Thanks Bruce. A true Hero!

And so to the second part of the mail.

I only realised during the gameplay that augmentation is an extremely risky business. When you try to augment then there is rarely an occaision when _nothing_ happens - you either gain or lose. Is this intentional. I'd have thought that there would be more occaisions when there was no effect. That _could_ be achieved by making marginal/minor results a 'no effect', major results in gaining/losing the augmentation and complete results in double values.

Less often a success but less often a failure too...

I presume that this is more of a problem earlier in Hero careers when a resistance of 10 has a good chance of beating your skill of 13 or 17...

It just seemed to add a bit of wildness to the game and result in less inclination to augment - which of course makes events that bit more stremalined with less contests...

Just wanted to see what people think of augmenting etc...

Should it be so win/lose or should it be more win/lose/draw?