Re: Wulf´s Costtable

From: Wulf Corbett <wulfc_at_...>
Date: Thu, 18 Oct 2001 11:05:27 -0000

> So I tried a few calculatingexamples.Beside a few mistakes(?)-a
horse
> has a value of 5W not 10W,according to my rulesbook.A cow is CR15
not
> 20.

Well, I was told that a cow had changed to 20, but I admit I can't find WHERE that was said - if Andrew Graham is reading this, I believe you told me, can you point it out? If it IS still 15, everything gets shifted up one row (except the sample items), and stuff above (less valuable than) a single cow can be recosted to neater figures. This would put horses back to 5W too, as we know a horse = 4 cows (and an ox = 1.5 cows, accounting for the nasty numbers in that column).

> Anyway,here is my first example:if a costrating of one pig is
5,which
> also equals 3 lunars,then 10 pigs are supposed to be
> 30 L,your result is 40L....640 pigs are supposed to be
2560L,instead
> of 1920(640x3L).

<etc.>

Getting a bit obsessed by minutiae, I think, these are meant to be guideline brackets, not exact figures! Anyway, you're right, the values under 1 cow are rounded a bit funny, as I had to stretch things to get a pig to equal 5. If cows are still 15, that'll be easy to solve.

> Last one:cottar wereguild is 10cows,thus 20Lx10=200L.The result of
> your table says 320L.

The wereguilds are NOT exact, the exact figure is given in cows. The wereguild is WITHIN the listed bracket, to the nearest 5 points. That 320 lunars is for 16 cows, not 10.

> What you want is,that the wealthrating is linear.But three minimal
> wealthy persons (3x5) are not average wealthy,if they join
> forces.Instead you might say,that their combined wealth is 6.

No, and I agree it's a bit dodgy below 1 cow. Again, that'll be better if I'm wrong and 1 cow = 15.

Wulf