Re: Increasing abilities was: Wealth without Loot

From: Jeff <jeff.kyer_at_...>
Date: Fri, 19 Oct 2001 15:07:33 -0000

I fear that this discussion is an attempt to legistlate against stupidity - which is always hard to do.

> [discussion of Stormbringer example]
> OK, the example of Stormbringer was OTT, but I hope you see the
> validity of my point.
>
> Cementing can short change increases got using the normal ability
> increase rules.

Cementing is something that is used at narrator's discretion. The item may simply not be something he wants in the campaign. We've used both methods in our game over the last two years and found that using common sense and cooperation tends to work. Saying yes is easier if your players don't ask for the sun and the moon.

But some of the quotes seem to come from games with very adversarial narrator/player relationships.

Jeff