Re: Statistics

From: Wulf Corbett <wulfc_at_...>
Date: Mon, 22 Oct 2001 12:30:20 -0000

> One would expect that a character who was tough would have such an
> keyword listed in their 100 words. If it is not listed in their
100
> words or keyword selection, then the PLAYER is saying that this is
> not an important feature of the character. Thus it is perfectly
> valid to assume a default rating.

I would agree with this, except that the default of 6 is so low. It seems very un-heroic to give a character less than a 1/3rd chance to resist even a 'default attack' of 6! If the default was 10, it wouldn't be so bad (but it would muck up other numbers). To avoid having everyone who isn't renowned for their Strength fail to bash open flimsy doors, everyone who isn't remarkably resistant being crippled by the common cold, and everyone of middling size getting stuck in unremarkably narrow openings, I prefer to hunt for any credible Improvised ability first before relying on the default.

Wulf