Re: improvisation

From: Thom Baguley <t.s.baguley_at_...>
Date: Tue, 23 Oct 2001 17:02:26 +0100

> From: "Wulf Corbett" <wulfc_at_...>
>having everyone who isn't renowned for their Strength fail to bash
>open flimsy doors, everyone who isn't remarkably resistant being
>crippled by the common cold, and everyone of middling size getting
>stuck in unremarkably narrow openings, I prefer to hunt for any
>credible Improvised ability first before relying on the default.

Yes. I think that improvisation is one of the key things to get right when playing Hero Wars. Narrators need to relax and allow most improvisations (with appropriate penalty) and players need to get creative with personality traits, feats and so forth.

Mind you, this isn't everyone's cup of tea.

Thom