Re: Re: cementing; ease of use

From: Alex Ferguson <abf_at_...>
Date: Wed, 24 Oct 2001 14:38:37 +0100 (BST)

> > There are several cases where it's at least implied you can cement
> > abilities at > starting level,
>
> Do you remember where? P. 32 is pretty clear. (New followers of
> course have higher abilities, but your relationship with that
> individual still starts at 12.)

Well, for a start are we counting abilities gained by HQ, or by integrating a spirit, as "cementing"? Two pretty large precedents there.

On cementing qua cementing, I can't come up with a concrete (boom, boom) example from the rulebook, which is even more vague on the topic that I recall it being. While conspicuously failing to say "all cementing works exactly like buying a new ability (at 12)", it doesn't seem to give any direct counter-examples, either...