Re: Re: Hero Quest Challenge rules variants

From: Alex Ferguson <abf_at_...>
Date: Wed, 24 Oct 2001 14:56:30 +0100 (BST)

> I'd actually be tempted to say one, but it would have to be the right one.
> The examples we have of, for instance, Rufelza and Argrath suggest that a
> single, long, involved quest could do it, but I doubt either of them can be
> reduced to a single, simple quest challenge.
>
> And as you said, perhaps this isn't the place.

I don't mean it's the wrong list (necessarily -- though who can tell, these days?), just whether it's something we should do in the HQ challenge rule as such. Maybe what is needed instead is some sort of "threshold guideline": to get to level [blah], you have to do [yadda yadda] thing. Or if you prefer: beyond [blah], [farble] happens.

In other words, what it means _in the game world_ to become a Hero (or a deity, or a greater god), in terms of 'prerequisites' (type of quest you have to do, as you mention), or 'consequences' (how your life won't be worth living afterward, in so far as you still have a 'life', per se).

Cheers,
Alex.