Re: Re: Hero Quest Challenge rules variants

From: Graham Robinson <graham_at_...>
Date: Wed, 24 Oct 2001 15:03:17 +0100

>In other words, what it means _in the game world_ to become a Hero
>(or a deity, or a greater god), in terms of 'prerequisites' (type
>of quest you have to do, as you mention), or 'consequences' (how
>your life won't be worth living afterward, in so far as you still
>have a 'life', per se).

True. I'm not suggesting that gaining W6 or whatever makes you a diety. Greg's comments on heroes a while back (gain great power, find worshippers, get them to continue to worship you after you pass on) means there is more to it than this. But the first stage is gain the power. And even ignoring the 'become a god' idea, the character still has the power to go up against gods. Or are you suggesting a cap at some level? I can't see that being anything other than arbitrary.

Cheers,
Graham

--
Graham Robinson