Re: becoming a Hero

From: Alex Ferguson <abf_at_...>
Date: Wed, 24 Oct 2001 14:58:47 +0100 (BST)

Charles Corrigan:
> Just reaching heroic ability ratings does not make a capital-H Hero.
> The hero must create some mechanism to distribute the benefits of
> their heroic abilities. My idea is the potential Hero should create
> a magical organisation with himself as the wyter, using some
> variation of the Foundation ritual used to create a new clan. The
> initial members of the community would be his followers but
> afterwards anyone could join.

I don't know if that's strictly necessary: in principle these could be done after your death, by someone who thinks "Wow, what a great guy! We should emulate and revere him!"

But granted this is surely more likely if you were the type of hero that benefitted his people, not just himself; and doing the "ground work" of starting your own cult, however megalomanaic that sounds <g>, does at least mean your Heroic status hits the ground running.