Re: Re: What use is a wyter?

From: Greg Stafford <Greg_at_...>
Date: Wed, 31 Oct 2001 15:09:45 -0800

At 05:35 PM 10/31/2001 GMT, you wrote:
> [...]

I don't think this is so.

>> > I'd think that if you don't, you'd at the very least lose most of
>> > its powers. ('The godar have spoken to the ancestors... and the
>> > ancestors have said... "Go shag yersel's".') Which in itself might
>> > be occassion to sack the wyter, and start again from scratch...
>>
>> It _may_ be that a clan might have a traditional entity they draw upon
>> when they go from peace to war (or vice versa) and they gain the
>> powers of that entity. However, it would be weaker as its not a usual
>> wyter or critter.

Being a War or a Peace Clan is a very big deal and require a LOOOOOng time to really accumulate any significant powers. Any clan that remembers changing from war to peace clan or vice versa is a Mixed. All Orlanthi clans are Mixed in this way, hence the type you see typified.

Greg Stafford, greg_at_...
Issaries, Inc. 900 Murmansk St., Suite 5; Oakland, CA 94607 Phone: (510) 452 1648 Fax: (510) 302 0385 Publisher of Hero Wars, Roleplaying in Glorantha See our site at: <www.glorantha.com>