Re: Flaw examples please

From: theunspokenword <hia15_at_...>
Date: Tue, 08 Jan 2002 23:54:37 -0000

I don't really like the idea of 'Flaws' myself - what are they other than attributes?

So, 'Hate Lunar' may be a benefit sometimes when it allows you to augment your attack, a problem at others, when it is spurring you to attack those 200 battle-hardened troopers when you are alone and armed with a medium-sized stick. OK, others may appear rather more obviously unmitigated Flaws, like Clubfoot or Bad Smell, but the division between 'useful' and 'flawed' characteristics is, to me, clumsy and contrary to the freeflowing spirit of HW.

Besides, even apparently useful abilities may in reality be Flaws. 'Savage Temper' may be handy for a weaponthane, but less convenient for a diplomat...

Treat them all as one, I say.

Mark

Mark Galeotti