RE: Re: Flaw examples please

From: Bruce Ferrie <bruce_at_...>
Date: Wed, 9 Jan 2002 00:44:44 -0000

On Tuesday, January 08, 2002 11:55 PM, theunspokenword wrote:
> I don't really like the idea of 'Flaws' myself - what are they other
> than attributes?

<snip>

> Besides, even apparently useful abilities may in reality be
> Flaws.

And even apparent flaws may be useful abilities once in a while. In the games I've played, Flaws have occasionally been used in a "positive" fashion. I seem to recall Oranda's "Taste for Human Blood" giving an augment to her attempt to chase off raiding warriors while disguised as a cow, frex.

> Treat them all as one, I say.

I agree. As far as I'm concerned, the categories on the character sheet (Physical Skills, Mental Skills, Personality Traits, etc.) really just act as convenient "boxes" which break the character's abilities up into a series of small lists rather than one big unwieldy list.

Regards,

Bruce