Re: Sudden Death extended contests

From: wulfcorbett <wulfc_at_...>
Date: Mon, 14 Jan 2002 13:32:20 -0000

> Why not use the system as it was designed? The actor describes
what
> they are attempting to do and _then_ proposes how many AP to bid.
> The bid should relate to how risky their action appears to be. The
> narrator (and the rest of the group) can then debate how
appropriate
> the bid seems to be in relation to the description.

I must agree with the idea of increasing wounds during extended contests though, I have experimented with a few ideas myself (exchange 21 AP for an 'Injured' when you get a x3 loss or exchange is a favourite). I do not feel that the current system, with a maximum -2 (a 7 AP exchange plus a 15 AP Grievous) per 'round' is enough, especially when the contestants may have 2W2 or greater starting abilities. It can take a long time to wear them down, and I always thought the bloodless victories of HW to be unrealistic. It just feels counterituative that the fastest way to BEAT someone is NOT to wound them!

Wulf