Re: Initiates & Devotees

From: eg0sum <eg0sum_at_...>
Date: Tue, 22 Jan 2002 21:34:36 -0000

I only read this list to spy on you.

I think the rule you introduced about Feats & Affinities was easy to use and fits with the background. So hurrah!

That said, this is one of my big problems with HW. More than any other system I have ever played, it seems that house rules, fixes and inner circle discussions are leading to a game that doesn't really look much like that which is in the books. So much so that I'm not really sure I should have bothered buying them.

I have run HW (skulduggery and mysticism in the Yuthuppan horse set) and it did play quite smoothly but I played pretty fast and loose with what I could squeeze from the books.

This is beginning to look like a protracted moan, which wasn't really my point. My point is, I like Glorantha a lot and have had fun times there but if I need to read this newsgroup to play and/or run it then surely HW is doomed to failure.

One of our players, a Glorantha newbie but an old rpg hand, was quite dismayed at the lack of detail on what feats mean. Sure he joined in and got going in the spirit of the thing but I think I'd be dismayed if I bought Exalted and that were given for their feats were things like Electric Sunset Bazooka.

So who has made a list of things that make HW playable, what the feats mean in the context of the background and how many XPs you get for killing Harek? And why isn't it publicised more?

Steve