Re: Augmentation again

From: ian_hammond_cooper <ian_hammond_cooper_at_...>
Date: Fri, 08 Feb 2002 16:37:13 -0000

Graham Robinson wrote:
> Really, really don't do this. Games are supposed to be fun, and
doing too much mental arithmetic is not...I have players who still struggle with working out the resistance to augments, and we've playing for eighteen months...

I can agree with this. The whole point of an automatic augment is surely to SPEED play. Making the math hard (ish) may prevent this. If a player is worried about the actual numbers then get him to roll the augment.

Post BA we discussed automatic augments last night. For our group we will use it as tool for narrators to speed up figuring the numbers for narrator characters. The dice rolls are not dramatic. But we still want players to roll. Their dice rolls are dramatic.

Ian Cooper

Hopefully the text will distinguish between automatic - no unrelated action required (i.e. Strong, Large) and automatic - avoid rolling the dice.