Re: Re: Augmentation again

From: Graham Robinson <graham_at_...>
Date: Fri, 08 Feb 2002 14:08:50 +0000

>I myself have debated using 8, and the only real reason is that it's
>"harder to divide by 8 than 5."
>That seems pretty flimsy, and the 2nd ed may well have 8 in the end.

Really, really don't do this. Games are supposed to be fun, and doing too much mental arithmetic is not. Any number that isn't a factor of twenty should not be used. Otherwise you have to convert from target number and masteries to a single number, and then divide.

Mark's argument that people get used to it after a couple of sessions isn't much help when they never play again after the demo that convinces them that there's too much maths. Anyway I don't believe it. I have players who still struggle with working out the resistance to augments, and we've playing for eighteen months...

Cheers,
Graham

--
Graham Robinson