Re: Detect Verbose Vulpine III.

From: jeffkyer <jakyer_at_...>
Date: Wed, 13 Feb 2002 14:20:53 -0000

Or bite you painfully. Having HAD rabies shots, its not fun.

> > > In my game the wyter will only say "something magical is going
on
> > there,
> > > and it's moving around."
> > >
> > > --------
> > > Greg Stafford, greg_at_g...

Emergency. Emergency. Its still going on. And its an Emergency.

I wonder what sort of wyter Holly from RedDwarf would make? Probably one that's seen 'better years' - perhaps a clan or tribe or Kingdom that has fallen on hard times like...

.. Sartar's Ring. Oh dear.

> [...]
>
> > Wyter are, apparently, not the pancea that some think they are.
This
> > is good. I don't like an all-knowing, all-seeing eye. Makes
intrigue
> > and mysteries very hard to do.
>
> Indeedy. OTOH, it depends on the magical identity and consciousness
> of the entity that forms the wyter. If by some tragi-comical
chance,

Best kind! (sings) "Its a fine thing to be a wyter thing!"

> your wyter is comprised of a rabbit daimon (I won't even begin to
> speculate) then I'll bet it'll give you position, velocity, and the
> correct variant of The Greeting to use on it. ("Hello, I must be
> going...")
>
> Cheers,
> Alex.

Sure. But most won't. Or, worse, the poor chieftain gets overwhelmed by warnings and can't sort though them all. A paranoid wyter like Malan might drive its chief bonkers.

"There's a planecrash in Burma next week."

Jeff