Re: Digest Number 832

From: charlescorrigan <glorantha_at_...>
Date: Wed, 20 Feb 2002 13:32:19 -0000

> I can see this working in some circumstances, but not in
> others. For example, a group of PC's sneaking past a sentry
> post. It's not an extended contest (the damatic focus will
> be what happens when they get past the sentries). The idea
> behind the GSC is that rather than roll for each PC to sneak
> seperately, and for each sentry each time you just roll once
> for each participant and compare the "average" results -
> (modified for failures and fumbles). Doing it your way, your
> Yinkin devotee with "Catlike Tread 18w2" will stand a good
> chance of getting the entire group across (unless the GM
> applies penalties for their "Subtle as a Uroxi 5w" and
> "Hobnailed Boots 17" abilities...).

A good point.

Of course it is predicated on the assumption that all the enhancements succeed. Last time we played this rule, the lead character ended up with a large penalty from the enhancement failures 'cos, as part of the story, we went for chunky bonuses rather than mini-maxing.

regards,
Charles