Re: Digest Number 832

From: simon_hibbs2 <simon.hibbs_at_...>
Date: Wed, 20 Feb 2002 12:12:37 -0000

> I can see this working in some circumstances, but not in others.
For
> example, a group of PC's sneaking past a sentry post. It's not an
> extended contest (the damatic focus will be what happens when they
> get past the sentries). ...

I'd say that the sentry rolls once, and each character rolls seperately against him. I would allow the best sneaker to help the others by augmenting them, but would increase the difficulty of his augment attempt by +3 for each character after the first.

The most efficient way would be to use some ability to make the sentry's chance of spotting them harder, rather their chance of sneaking better. e.g. by distraction, silence and darkness magic, befuddling magic, etc.

Simon Hibbs