Re: Re: The number of devotees in a clan

From: Nick Eden <nick_at_...>
Date: Wed, 27 Mar 2002 18:33:54 +0000

On Tue, 26 Mar 2002 08:48:43 -0000, you wrote:

>> Devotees of a working person's god should *work*, as their god
>does,
>> rather than be supported by the work of others.
>
>But don't the devotees go off on heroquests, where they emulate their
>god, to secure even greater benfits?

Probably, but the benefits are more likely to be for the community than for the individual. A Barntar Devotee well HeroQuest to gain the knowledge of how to uproot even Redwood stumps (OK, I don;t think that there are any Redwoods in DP, but you get my point) but that's because the clan needs to shift those Redwood stumps out of the new barley field.

>Or do only deveotees of adventurous gods go heroquesting?

It's all down to the motive. Devotees of adventurous gods check on the 'Make the Quester more powerful' box, while devotees of economic providers check 'Improve the clan's herds' or the like.

York BSAC Web Page:
http://website.lineone.net/~york_bsac