Re: Is this Hero Wars is dead. Long live Heroquest?

From: markmohrfield <markmohrfield_at_...>
Date: Thu, 28 Mar 2002 14:46:17 -0000

> Checking the minimal FAQ link, I learn that Heroquest is NOT Hero
> Wars 2nd Edition, but uses the the Hero Wars rules, or at least is
> based on them.
>
> I am -- like -- totally confused. Could somebody please set me
> straight? Private email is OK in case this has already been
> discussed to death on the list and I've just had my head up my ass
> for 6 months.
>
> Clay

I've been hoping that someone more in the know than I would reply, but since no one has I'll give it a shot. All the following is In my uninformed opinion.

>From the Web site:

>>Is this Hero Wars 2nd Edition?

No, this is HeroQuest. Hero Wars is now the name of the book series for playing HeroQuest in "modern" Glorantha. The Hero Wars roleplaying game is no longer in print. Although HeroQuest contains the same basic rules system as Hero Wars, every section and element has been streamlined and revised.<<

If I understand this correctly it means that HeroQuest is the game that has previously been refered to as Hero Wars 2nd. Edition. The lines "Is this Hero Wars 2nd Edition? No this is HeroQuest." probably just refers to "Hero Wars" now being the name of the supplement line set in modern Glorantha. I suspect that this was done at least partly because Issaries couldn't change the covers of the supplements that are already out to say "Heroquest". Whether or not it means we'll see supplements set in other Glornathan eras than the late 3d Age I don't know.

                                             Mark Mohrfield