Re: Is this Hero Wars is dead. Long live Heroquest?

From: charlescorrigan <charles_at_...>
Date: Thu, 28 Mar 2002 16:27:14 -0000

> Since it is /very close/ to April Fool's Day, my
> initial reaction is that it was, indeed, a joke.

That was my initial reaction too. But a quick search on <http://www.nameprotect.com/cgi-bin/FREESearch/search.cgi> for the trademark and
<http://www.whois.net/>
for the domain convinced me that it was not a joke - Issaries do indeed now own the trademark and the website.

Also, Greg posted a comment on the herowars list last night/this morning about the new name.

It appears that the HeroQuest system will be the Hero Wars system BUT consolidated from all the different core books, supplements, comments at cons, emails and mailing lists (including this one). All of this is being totally re-edited and substantially re-written, originally under the working title of Hero Wars, 2nd edition.

I know that this has been in progress for at least 9 months. I believe that it has been going on for about 2 years, i.e. since the day after final prepublication edit of Hero Wars.

All this, of course, is my opinion with some leavening with facts.

regards,
Charles

PS posted on March 28 at 16:25. My last post from March 24, regarding Dormal, still has not made it into the message listing.