RE: Eurmal's Tricks

From: Bruce Ferrie <bruce_at_...>
Date: Sun, 7 Apr 2002 23:41:56 +0100

I'm playing a trickster in our regular game. The way we handled the magic for Oranda (see www.ellechino.demon.co.uk/charas/oranda.htm ) was to treat each Rune (Disorder, Change, Illusion) as an Affinity.

> -How many of these 'feats' could the eurmali have? (aproximation)

At character creation, we decided to allow 3-4 feats under each of these Affinities, some of which were filled in during play with trickster-like abilities, such as: Eat Anything, Steal Death, Play Dead...

> -Does the Eurmali need gestures or talking for make magic?

To use them, Oranda might do anything from making a strange noise, talking nonsense, dressing up as a weaponthane to just, um, lying down and not breathing (for Play Dead, <grin>).

The one general ruling we have made is that trickster magic should always have a significant chance of backfiring on the trickster. Which usually means that when using it in Extended Contests, I make high Action Point bids to represent the fact that using trickster magic is a dangerous gamble.

I hope this helps out.

Regards,

Bruce