Re: Magical Augments - A little extreme?

From: nichughes2001 <nick.hughes_at_...>
Date: Wed, 10 Apr 2002 13:44:00 -0000

> Well, its bad luck for those Humakti who can't participate in
> ambushes. But yes, it makes the advantage of time to prepare to be
> quite overwhelming for those with high affinities. And I agree its
> bad thing.

Conversely it allows devotee heroes with powerful single-minded magic to be potentially very good indeed at the thing they are singleminded  about. Which seems to me to be a good thing, even if it might have some real game-balance implications.

It is no more or less unbalancing than the cumulative effects of spirit fetishes/integrated spirits, some of which don't even require the hero to be exploiting a major tactical advantage.

It does tend to mean the the best fighter in the land could still get badly beaten if they are tactically incompetent - whether that is a bad thing depends on taste.

--
Nic