Re: feats as special moves

From: Michael Schwartz <mschwartz_at_...>
Date: Thu, 11 Apr 2002 13:58:20 -0400

Kevin McDonald wrote:

>"I strike at him using Humakt's 'Shield
>Breaker' feat!" (Player rolls for the
>feat to generate an edge, then rolls
>Close Combat).

Why bother with the augment at all? Just roll an exchange of the hero's affinity against the opponent's resistance (14 plus any defensive magic on the shield itself, should you want the hero to succeed more easily, or use one of the foe's ability ratings, if your aim is to give the hero a challenge) and declare the outcome a special effect.

I call this "using an ability other than the one with which you began the contest"...

--
Michael Richard Schwartz | Language is my playground,
mschwartz_at_... | and words, its slides and