Re: God World vs. Heroplane.

From: Wulf Corbett <wulfc_at_...>
Date: Fri, 12 Apr 2002 22:08:29 +0100

On Fri, 12 Apr 2002 20:58:30 +0100 (BST), Alex Ferguson <abf_at_...> wrote:

>> I realize this is a different way to present this data. The alien world
>> modifiers then take on a different meaning in the heroquesting. They become
>> nearly useless, except when moving into the Hero Planes.
>
>To be more precise, they were always pretty useless, now they're just
>explicitly redundant. ;-)

Actually, only true from a single-system viewpoint - where you mix magics they will still have some (if purely narrative) effect - like my Vingan taking her Telmori follower on a Hero Quest. While passing through Orlanth's Stead, she's going to be greatly out of her depth!

In fact, I just mentally re-wrote an old RQ episode that remains important to our campaign. Instead of getting out of the Thanatari cave temple in 'Muriah's Revenge' by using my sole Sorcerer's Teleport spell, we could have used my Animist's Shamanic Circle - and scared the hell out of a few Theists...

Wulf