Re: Playing Augments

From: simon_hibbs2 <simon.hibbs_at_...>
Date: Mon, 15 Apr 2002 11:16:52 -0000

> For example, its been asked (and I'm sorry that I'm not attributing
> these comments - too much work!) how much time is being given to
> augments. It's been said that a W5 character would not stand idly
by
> as the W3 character came at him with +60 augment or +120 edge. I
was
> wondering how the W5 character would know about the edge or
augment.

That depends how the augments were got. If someone used the 'leaping shield' feat to augment him, his shield will likely be springing into the way of incoming blows, and perhaps even smaking his opponents about of it's own accord. If he also augmented using 'flickering blade', then his sword blade will flicker through openings in his opponent's guard and will generaly be hard to see, and thus parry or block. Even augments from improvised feats should be described by the person doing the augmenting. For example, if a character of mine were augmenting using an imrpovised feat from a Death affinity, I might say "I augment by infusing the black ichor of death into the substance of his blade", so perhaps the blade will take on a black, shadowy appearance, and might hiss or moan will the wails of the foes it has slain as it slices through the air.

It's very important in HW to get the players to describe how they are augmenting with their character's abilities in a game-world-relevent way.

Simon Hibbs