Re: How should Rituals and Augments interact?

From: simon_hibbs2 <simon.hibbs_at_...>
Date: Mon, 15 Apr 2002 17:18:21 -0000

My current game is still in the early stages and the PCs have best abilities generaly in the 5w to 15w range. They did a ritual last week, and got quite a nice bonus, much more than they're used to getting from augments. As a result, I think they'll be using rituals more. It seems to me though, that as their abilities get higher, they'll be able to get more from aurments than for rituals, which don't take account of the individual competence of the supporters. Thus eventualy rituals will become redundant. That can't be right, and I'm not claiming expert knowledge on the ritual rules.

This isn't a problem at the moment, as the balance seems to be right for us. I'm just wondering how that might change over time and what can be done about it.

Simon Hibbs