Re: Automatic augments: no more ranks?

From: wulfcorbett <wulfc_at_...>
Date: Wed, 17 Apr 2002 08:55:59 -0000

> However, since the Armour (or Weapon) is an ability, you can use it
> directly in contests. For example, using your Armour as the
> resistance in an attack by someone's Close Combat.

I'm not sure about the possible ramifications of this, I am worried about the possibilities of gaining extra Edge by augmentation ("Yesterday I had Edge 3, but today, with a HP, I have Edge 12!"). But, in general, I rather like this... It certainly allows armour & weapons to have an effect in Simple Contests (a normal augment).

It would, however, have to be allowed as an extra mundane augment if not used directly. Maybe 2nd edition/HeroQuest/whatever will change the rules on mundane augments anyway?

Wulf