Re: Re: Lending, actions, and turns.

From: Mikko Rintasaari <mikrin_at_...>
Date: Tue, 30 Apr 2002 02:41:56 +0300 (EEST)

On Mon, 29 Apr 2002 con1453_at_... wrote:

<snip>
> Obvious Glorantha-related question -- what are the cliches about various
> Gloranthans held by other Gloranthans? Who is mercenary, who is sly, who is
> haughty, who is treacherous, who is honorable, who is friendly and so on?
> Clearly different peoples will have different opinions, but, if our own
> planet is a parallel, there are some opinions of some groups that are pretty
> widely shared.
>
> Jim Chapin

Among all Glorantha gamers the terms Yelmic and Solar often tend to mean somebody with a rod up their butt.

Orlanthi are mercurial and violent. But they are also open and passionate. For many the easiest to identify with.

Yelmalians suffer the rod syndrome, but are also awarded a certain kind of admiration. They have that straight-backed spartan thing going for them. Honorable certainly, but crazy as anything. (think aamish)

Lunars of course are sly and treacherous. (Or civilized and crafty, if you like them)

        -Adept