Re: HP bumps.

From: nichughes2001 <nick.hughes_at_...>
Date: Fri, 03 May 2002 12:35:01 -0000

This is how I view it, characters with lots of HP in reserve to bump up have luck and/or fate on their side. Its not something that many gloranthans could directly sense or detect but when they see the results that would usually be the conclusion they came to.

Similarly the expenditure of HP is not a concious thing on the part of a hero, it is quite possible for a hero to be as surprised by the good fortune of a bump as their opponent. Even so I would guess that most Gloranthan cultures have some idea that fortune/fate is more likely to intervene for notable individuals and usually only when something crucial is happening (even if sometimes they do not realise it was crucial until afterwards). Each culture would probably attribute this to a different source, whether Arachne Solara, the will of the Creator or whatever.

--
Nic