Re: Re: I forget the subject line, but, Edwards-style AP-lending.

From: Wulf Corbett <wulfc_at_...>
Date: Fri, 10 May 2002 18:08:55 +0100

On Fri, 10 May 2002 12:40:42 -0000, "nichughes2001" <nick.hughes_at_astrazeneca.com> wrote:

>So what if they go -ve due to magics, or fear, or from slipping on a
>tricky ledge on the cliff or...
>
>If you have a special ability needed to help for each situation and
>only that special ability will ever do then that's really just a very
>restricive implementation of the normal rule that you must use (or
>improvise) an appropriate ability to take any action. I've not yet
>seen any need to be quite so restrictive.

Possibly I may have inadequately described the idea. There is NOTHING preventing you from assisting any character in ANY appropriate way. However, if that character has been driven down to 'Injured' level, THEY ARE INJURED. Even if they end the contest at +1,000 AP, they will be Injured, and at halved abilities, unless someone uses appropriate healing abilities or magic on them, either during or after the contest. Therefore, there is a chance that the winner might still be hurt, instead of the current ludicrous situation where the winners always, without exception, escape totally unscathed, regardless of events during the contest, unless the 7 AP=Hurt or Grievous Wound rules are used (and such penalties are trivial after just a mastery or so).

Wulf