Re: Re: I forget the subject line, but, Edwards-style AP-lending.

From: Wulf Corbett <wulfc_at_...>
Date: Fri, 10 May 2002 19:11:28 +0100

On Fri, 10 May 2002 18:38:11 +0100 (BST), Alex Ferguson <abf_at_...> wrote:

>> Possibly I may have inadequately described the idea. There is NOTHING
>> preventing you from assisting any character in ANY appropriate way.
>> However, if that character has been driven down to 'Injured' level,
>> THEY ARE INJURED.

>This is yet a third situation (from one I thought was the case, and
>the one most of the rest of the list plays, it seems). You're saying
>you play that you take the consequences for losing, but can still
>re-enter the contest from AP lending (I presume) at a(ny?) subsequent
>time?

Within reason - if you're at -100 AP, and gain 105 AP, I'll grant you would end up with 5AP, but someone better be damn quick with the healing, and exactly what you can DO to 're-enter the contest' is open to doubt... I would certainly allow a DI, but then I'd allow that anyway...

Likewise, in a debate, an 'Injury' might be the laughter and derision of the audience, while the 'Healing' might be a presentation of corroboratory evidence, (Law), a speech of support (Relationship), etc. Even in combat, the result need not be damage - if the stated intent is to capture, 'Injury' might be a partial binding, while Close Combat could 'Heal' by cutting the ropes! Normal, damaging, Close Combat is simply the most obvious case.

Wulf