Re: Re: Edges

From: Wulf Corbett <wulfc_at_...>
Date: Mon, 27 May 2002 21:18:27 +0100

On Mon, 27 May 2002 17:06:06 -0000, "doctorpeace" <petermnordstrand_at_swipnet.se> wrote:

>I did not say anything about reducing AP faster. I was talking about
>real time, not the number of rounds a contest takes. Since the new
>system gets rid of the constant calculations of adding your weapon's
>rank to your bid, then subtract the opponent's armor rank, my guess is
>that Extended Contests will run faster.

Hmm... I can't see that adding 3 (or whatever) to your bid if you win an action, and subtracting 3 (or whatever) from your loss if the enemy does, is terrifically time consuming. It's not exactly rocket science, it's going to be exactly the same every time. Whereas extra AP will almost certainly require entire additional rounds. Of course, if you bid higher, it'll take fewer rounds, but that's just as true with Edges.

Plus, if armour is treated as AP, you can have a warrior changing to a non-physical ability, but his opponent still maintains the effect of armour. In a group contest, one attacker out of a group might be using entirely non-physical attacks, but that armour still works?

Wulf