Re: Re: Edges

From: Wulf Corbett <wulfc_at_...>
Date: Mon, 27 May 2002 21:32:05 +0100

On Mon, 27 May 2002 17:06:06 -0000, "doctorpeace" <petermnordstrand_at_swipnet.se> wrote:

>> > Woha! This is a great idea. In my experience, edges is where new
>> > players start getting that Syntax Error look. Not to mention the
>> > fact that this will speed up Extended Contests significantly.
>>
>> Will it? What it means is, if you take weapons & armour into account,
>> you will have MORE AP, which will tke LONGER to wear down unless you
>> bid higher (which you could do without this change anyway). What it
>> does NOT do is to reduce AP faster (which Edges DID).

Damn... the more I think about this idea, the less sense it makes... treating Armour as AP is entirely the wrong way to treat it. Armour makes EVERY blow struck less likely to do damage, it protects you all the time you wear it. Treating it as AP is like treating it as ablative armour - the first couple of blows rip off all your armour, and thereafter it has no effect.

Nope, doesn't work.

Wulf