Re: Accumulator Contests

From: charlescorrigan <charles_at_...>
Date: Wed, 05 Jun 2002 15:55:33 -0000

> I've been planning on writing this up for ages, but never
> got round to it. That's one reason why I was asking about
> Benedict's Extended Simple contests previously - they sounded
> similar and I wanted to check if they are the same thing,
> but they aren't quite.

In many ways, what you are talking about is carryover. Basically, you have a series of linked contests (stations of a HQ). Most contests are ordinary, 0 for Tie, 1 for Marginal (plus for victory, minus for defeat), 2 for Minor etc, etc..

Have a look in the Narrators Book to see if this (somewhat) meets your needs. In heroquests, the current carryover total gets added to your ratings. But it would be easy to cut this particular rule out.

regards,
Charles