Re: Sense Runic Power

From: simon_hibbs2 <simon.hibbs_at_...>
Date: Fri, 21 Jun 2002 08:51:40 -0000

> Well, yes, but was the effect to overlay an image on the assassin,
or to
> physically change the assassin's features? "Reality-warping" would
indicate
> the Greggish Illusion/Change/Creation type stuff, but...

I consider what she did to be some form of shapechanging magic.

> My personal feeling would be an "Overlay image" is detectable,
while a
> "Physically change the face" isn't...

The realy tricky question is what she did to interfere with Bishop Berthold's magic, to prevent him discovering her use of magic in the orriginal assassination. I regarded that as being a very difficult task, but still possible. I still stand by that decision, because I think that should have been possible. It's the sort of thing I would let a player character do, albeit with a hefty difficulty modifier for example, although to be honest I am not sure how it fits with Greg's take on Illusion magic.

Simon Hibbs