Hw rules for modern firearms

From: Toksickburn_at_...
Date: Wed, 26 Jun 2002 09:43:12 EDT

Here is how i resolve modern firearms combat: I derived the weaponranks by averaging damage values from "Cthulhu now"(minimum damage plus maximum damage divided by two) and then translating them into HW-edges with my conversion table,see the files section.

I use the range rules from "Cthulhu"as well:

Point blank range(up to 5m) -skill is doubled

Range               -skillrating
Double range            -half skillrating
Triple range            -quarter skillrating
Etc.

For automatic weapons,i use these rules:

You have three options:

short burst: uses 3 bullets,doubles the guns edge, gives a bonus of +3 but at point blank and short range only! long burst:uses up 50% of the magazine,guns edge times 5, gives a bonus of +1/5 bullets but at short range only,for any further than short range you subtract -1/5 bullets(recoil,etc.) whole magazine:edge times 10

With non extended contests you can subtract half an edge/rank as a bonus(malus).
In the files section you can find a new table(in .doc format),i made,with erverything on it:ranks,average RQ damage,armor,etc.) Greetings
Christian