House Rule: Divine Strike

From: giangero <giangero_at_...>
Date: Fri, 23 Aug 2002 08:07:22 -0000

I am caressing the idea of introducing in my campaign this house rule: I would like to know your comments in advance, anyway.

DIVINE STRIKE TECHNIQUE (available only to Devotees or Disciples and maybe only to selected cults)

When in very dire straits (as in a HQ or against an incarnated godling) a hero can use a Feat from an affinity of his using as TN the added values of his Affinity + his Relationship to Deity. If he scores a Complete Victory against the opposition, he wins but he loses half the affinity value used in play. If he scores a Complete Defeat (Ugh! You didn't tell me that that was the *real* Cacodemon, pal!!), he loses both his whole affinity rating and his relationship to his deity. In other outcomes, he can win or lose, but "merely" loses the whole affinity used in the Divine Strike.

E.G. Joe Humakti has Devotee to Humakt 18W and Death Affinity 15W. He uses his Berserker Killing Feat in the battle of his life (against a Demigod of Yanafal Tarnils). He augments his CC using 18W + 15W = 13WWW/4 (berserker rule) = +19 (generous narrator) to his CC for the duration of the duel. At the end of the duel, whether he wins or loses against the Yanafali, he applies the harsh consequences to his two magic abilities (Death Affinity reduced to 18 thanks to generous narrator again and Complete Victory achieved over the lousy Lunar).

Ciao,
Gian