Re: Do you want to know a Secret?

From: Roderick and Ellen Robertson <rjremr_at_...>
Date: Wed, 4 Sep 2002 20:52:42 -0700

> > [I'd]
> > probably only allow one attempt at an [Final Action]-by-Secret
> Which would make that Secret next to useless. It will hardly ever be
> 'related to session', so it'll cost double HPs. Better to spend them on
> Tough, Brave or something else more generally applicable.

Note the use of the personal pronoun "I", and the weasel-word "probably". On this matter I *will* defer to those actively playing, as I can't judge whether multi-use of such a secret is abusive or not from where I'm sitting.

So, who does this (multiple use of an "FA-By-Secret"), what Narrators allow (or disallow) it? Does anyone even use this secret type? Wesley's group seems to deal with them by CdG'ng users, does any one else have relavent experience?

> Has there been an overhaul of the Secrets for Heroquest? Some of the
> other HW secrets also aren't worth having. Sever Spirit, anyone?

Well, having been taken to task by Greg for revealing too much in the FA discussion (NDA stuff), I'll forebear on answering this until I get clearance.

RR