Re: Question on affinities

From: David Dunham <david_at_...>
Date: Fri, 3 Jan 2003 10:41:53 -0800

flynnkd asked

> perhaps people could elaborate more on some of the following
> abilities, and how they use them:
>
> Truesword Stroke (Humakt):
> Shield Destroyer (Humakt):
> Call Killer Rain (Heller):
>
> What I am stuggling with is whether everything is is simply an
> augment or whether/how much of a real effect it has.

Most magic can be used either for an augment or for an effect. Most magic also has an exaggerated name.

The basic currency of Hero Wars is AP, and in bland game terms, magic that has an effect simply reduces AP. Call Killer Rain is used in conjunction with an AP stake. It's a cool effect in that it can be used at a distance, but it doesn't kill anyone unless it drives them to sufficiently negative AP.

Shield Destroyer could presumably be used at a distance too (or augmented with Close Combat).

--

David Dunham
Glorantha/HW/RQ page: <http://www.pensee.com/dunham/glorantha.html>